View Single Post
Old 29-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Regular User

Made some more progress with gauges this evening, took much longer than I thought it would.

However, now I have a Prosport clock and a Motor Meter boost gauge - exactly the same style just a different logo. Somewhat annoying, as the gauges don't match now (just the logo) so I'll have to fix that next pay day.

I located the boost sensor behind the glove box. There was a spare bolt at the top and I had some nuts laying around.

Boost pipe goes through the grommet to the rear of the glove box.

Not pictured, but tied all the pipe and cables back to keep them out the way. Also a cable comes out of the top of this into the back of the gauge.

Here is where I put the t-piece. Only concern is that it's plastic, and it gets quite hot so it could melt. I might have to look at getting a metal one to replace it.

Couldn't really hide it away, as the pipe to the DV was tight as it was.

As mentioned in the previous post, I broke my old LED.

Bought a new one off eBay, drilled a hole in my pod and glued it in. I decided not to use a bezel around the LED as I think it looks much neater and less obvious (When LED is off).

Rear

Front

As with all the cables, I made them so that I can remove the lot if I need to. These are for the LED. Later wrapped in insulation tape.

Random picture of rear of the pod

Got a 52mm blank to match the dials until I get a third. Can barely see the LED You can see the different logos here...

Night shots

Also out of curiosity, what boost should I be getting on a PPP WRX?

According to the gauge i'm hitting 20PSI - is that normal/right?

Thanks,
Foz