Thread: Black Beauty
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 07:35 PM

As promised, a little update regarding the power steering cooler relocation saga...

As the Mishimoto oil cooler had to sit in the location of the standard UK spec power steering cooler pipe I had to find another way of getting some air to the PS fluid.

I didn’t want to mount a cooler similar to the oil cooler at the front of the car as I was running out of room and because I didn’t need to go overkill on a set up. I found a cheap eBay cooler which I hacked up a little to allow for fitting behind the off side Sti fog lamp cover.

The benefit of fitting it here was that I could use the original fog lamp mounting brackets to locate and fasten the cooler down. I purchased a couple of hose fittings and some 10mm id hose and ran the hose behind the headlight up to the PS fluid pipes.

It was a tight fit and as you can see not all the cooler is exposed, but there is enough there to hopefully keep the system from getting too hot. For any track action I have WRX style fog covers with the holes in to channel air through the cooler and keep things in check.