View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Rest in peace Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Yeh agree that could easily be done and is probably done at some venues.
I saw the direct result of that when the rollers were set to a load of 70. Power rose to near 350BHP.
It was at that point I said nah!!! somethings not right there, we dropped it to 40, recorded 338, then dropped it a further to 30 and still recorded 337, so settled on that as the decrease had made very little difference.

He was told by the person he bought the RR off that low power 2WD should be on a low setting and higher power cars a higher setting.
The load is used not only to calculate the torque required to spin the rollers but to try and maintain a linear increase in rev/power and prevent the car running through the rev range too fast.
How do you know its a high power car or how high powered before you run it?

If 40 load or what ever it was seems correct for your car for example and we all turn up for a powerrun, others with 400+ are going to over read?

I dont think there is the same setting on the maha.

Dastek takes a reading at a set rpm and load and measures the gearing at that point and seems fairly accurate.

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166