View Single Post
Old 31-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Regular User

Default Thank you Gatwick Meet & Greet parking, I now need a new engine..

Have been in Portugal for the week and the cheapest parking at Gatwick was meet and greet. Come back after 5 days, pick up the car and there's a new tappety noise from the engine. Thinking it might just be a cold start and having sat around for a few days, we start making for home, but gently. 10 minutes down the road and with oil temp showing 130 degress, the engine gave out, lots of knocking, dead engine.

So 2 questions..

1. I've had the car for 7 years, it's been faultless. Is there any way I can prove it was them? I'm guessing without a dashcam showing them ragging it, probably not.

2. Is there any point rebuilding the engine? It's a MY00 Turbo-2000 with a little bit of rust here and there, not the best bodywork, gearbox is fine, TSW wheels were £1k new with new tyres last year, interior is in pretty good condition. Or should I just strip it, sell the bits and move on? Is there another option that doesn't involve the house being full of spare parts while they're waiting to sell on ebay? I was thinking if I sold it before, it would probably have only fetched 1k anyway, if that, and with a bit of a refurb, the wheels and some other parts would get me more than that.

Argh!

Thanks all,
Mike

Last edited by mike_on_the_mike; 31-03-2018 at 09:07 PM.