View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Tek2p5 was developed by an early beta tester of the ECUTEK tools. It was developed to get the best out of the TD04 for those that didn't upgrade their turbos to VF22/24/28/29/30/34/35, TD05. Once the turbo was changed the ECU calibration was generally changed and renamed a TEK3 variant.

I had a TEK3 with a VF28 before I switched to Apexi.
I do have the calibration tables though, but not confident I have the complete ROM image.

At the low end of the rpm range the TD04 probably physically can't achieve the target boost but if you don't ask you don't get.(sorry that may be a bit of an English saying).

With all my tunes I tend to put unrealistic low rpm high target and high wastegate duty to try and make it as responsive as possible when at 50% throttle.

This works very well on the DBW cars where you can target 80% boost at 50% throttle making for a very responsive car that is quite relaxing to drive briskly. Setting it to 80% ensures when you do want to drive more spirited and WOT the car still has 20% more boost to give.

The Prodrive calibration for the DBW STi was a very linear boost curve. With boost gradually increasing with rpm and theottle %. Max boost was very high up the rpm range.
I assume trying to emulate a normally aspirated car.
I hated it on my 2007 STi PPP because you had to drive it full throttle and high rpm to get it to boost.
It also had a hesitation/surge at 2100rpm when crawling in traffic which I could feel and see in the tables, so I sorted that out too.
I'll try and put up a calibration table for the DBW later
Finally I was testing the limits of the TD04L, although the one I have is Hybrid since I changed the turbine shaft for one of the ST9 type that in theory claims some improvements, it can get to test the air flow limits and is not far from the TEK2-P5 that you were telling me, those values ​​are really the limit of any TD04 to get the last breath out of it. The change in torque is very noticeable, it becomes very responsive.

After testing the limits with the 2-port system, I made the change to 3-port and with this it was the same at very high speed the td04 does not provide more than 12 PSI at 7,000 RPM.

Last edited by viper1982; 06-11-2020 at 02:16 PM.