View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Bronze Member

As i posted on SS...

Wow. Took a while to read through this but chipped away at every spare moment as the drama unfolded.

Not that surprised at the incident... I think we all suspect that a lot of garages have bad practices and attitudes towards customers and this just confirms that. I just hope my judgement is good in relation to the places i take my car to, as i would be livid if this was my car. (I will be looking into purchasing a dashcam though, regardless)

I am however, completely stunned at the posts/responses from the garage in question. Their final response on the subject is, to me, more damaging than the incident itself. No matter how poor you may choose to conduct your business behind closed doors, when something like this happens and the 'world' is watching (and you have "30 years experience" running said business) how the hell can you not have the foresight and intelligence to handle this better!? I know very little of them as i have never dealt with them, but from a neutral perspective going into this, i'm astonished that he has managed to build his business to this size with that attitude. Maybe something has changed of late, but as said, i cannot comment on this, only on what i see before me now.

On a side note, its also dissapointing to read some of the views on MLR relating to Scooby owners. But reading the thread on ScoobyNet, its not that hard to see how their views are formed. Well done tbtstt for chipping in and pointing out that the masses on there do not represent all of us!