View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Regular User

Default my99 ECUs Ae800, Ae801, Ae802

Hi
I've got a 99my uk wagon, which as I understand is a bit of a pain to tune the ecu.
It goes very well as it is! and i'm not to worried about modding it much. The only mod on it when I bought it, is a stainless cat back exhaust.
However I am interested i trying differant "standard" software, to see if I could notice any differance.

As I understand it there are 3 possible standard ecus that fit my car and will plug in and run with no issues.

these are- Ae800, Ae801 and Ae802

Mine is fitted with the Ae800 and under full throttle it gave the following-

a peak of 14psi dropping to 10psi at high rpm, the drop in boost mirroring the wastegate duty cycle, you can feel the boost come down after a good mid rpm punch. which I thought was quite reasonable.

Then I bought a Ae801 on ebay, plugged it in and was a bit put out that according to ecuexplorer its a Ae802 which allegedly is the least desireble one.
but on testing it was quite clear that it was producing quite a bit more power, in fact I would now descibe it as fast
so i logged the data-

Peak boost about 17psi dropping to just over 13psi at high rpm with the waste gate not trying to back the boost off at all. Im guessing boost is dropping off due to mechanical reasons- turbo size, exhaust restriction etc.
Anyway this begs the question, why is it going so well (not a question asked very often) , so i used the ecuquery option to check the boost data

which comes up as D1 dropping to cc
which = 1.09bar (16psi) dropping to 1.04bar (15.3psi)

Standard Ae802 Ecu?

I would be interested in any views
Ill pop the screen shots from the data viewer up next
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ae800.jpg (11.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Ae802.jpg (12.5 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Prussell; 07-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.