View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Bronze Member

UPDATE MARCH 2012:

Well with the engine back in and the last few bits at the powdercoaters things are getting moving, the Fuel system has proved good fun, I didnt need a parellel setup but i thought I'd need it next year and I might as well do it now. Then it'll mean I only need to change the engine and turbo and not worry to much about starting it up with a whole new Fuel system and engine taboot.

I went for some RCM top feed rails and their conversion kit along with a Bosch (porsche filter) The fittings are all torques push on fittings with aeroquip hose and goodridge fireproof sleeving shrink wrapped at the ends.

The hardlines to fiter and also to the FPR are goodridge and the FPR is an SX.

I have used 550cc new age injectors along with the Power Enterprise plugs.

Hopefully it'll mean the fuel is much more evenly spread and I know yes it's still a vf28 but I am planning on selling this engine next year as a long engine to recoup some of my money for my 2.1 stroker kit and CDB build so if it will last this year without going bang then happy days.

Also to fit still is my gorgeous exhaist system fresh from J -Steel over on the p1woc and my flocked dash also turned up to accompany my Bolt in cage which is to be fitted later on in the summer.

The rest of the powdercoated and zinc plated bits are expected to be finished early next week and then it'll take a good day to refit the last bits then double check every nut and bolt is tight then mark them with the tipex pen.

I'll then double check the Fluid levels, prime the engine and ensure oil pressure and check for Fuel leaks then start her up on the Axle stands, this means I can check for leaks easily. Once thats all done I can drop it down and drive it to Bob Rawle for a tweak.... Then hopefully enjoy the Summer.

Here are some pics of the updates guys enjoy .

Engine in without fuel system and later on fuel system being installed

IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/KrissyB86/IMG_0387.jpg[/IMG]

Exhaust system:

Underneath as it stands: