View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Formerly Taomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Not sure if there's a suitable route via Luxembourg... how much cheaper is the vpower then? We fill up in Ashford and then again at our normal stop just east of Liege on the E42. By that point, most of us are down to about a quarter of a tank.
Basically I take the route that goes from Calais/Dunkirk to Lille then across. It's normally 3.5 to 4hrs to Luxembourg, though the Brussels route can be quicker the chances are slim with that horrible ring road and when it gets bad it gets really bad. I did it in 3hrs10min once, but that was pure luck that there were no police about.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Ca...50.1868914!3e0

I also fill up at the same place in Ashford, and get home with just over a quarter of a tank, both my STI and my old WRX. There's actually a station on the way to Lille that I sometimes use if I have managed to save enough fuel in the UK but I rarely risk it just to save a few pennies.

As for fuel costs in Luxemborg, 98 of any flavour is currently €1.24/ltr (and that's fixed at all stations in the country until the next price change, no messing about getting the best deal) and yesterday afternoon in France I paid €1.63 - I always look here to get a good idea of the price difference, and to smirk

Last edited by Ferd; 18-05-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Updated fuel prices link