View Single Post
Old 20-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky Bacon View Post
Excellent shots, thanks for sharing. If I go to an event, camera in hand I feel I miss a lot of the day watching through such a tiny view finder !!
I always try and make sure I put the camera down often enough to keep track of the racing: it loses it's enjoyment when you haven't got a clue what's going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
amazing pics as always buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Thanks for posting some amazing pictures.
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemp View Post
Awesome pics as usual and they did sound bloody good
I remembered them being loud, but I forgot just how loud! We were on the outside of Surtees for the morning practice and the sound there was ridiculous: my ears were ringing well after the session finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Awesome stuff mate, not seen the DTM so should have come along really. Great photos

So Merc are pulling out? I've not been following the championship...
The cars are pretty awesome. The racing is very clean compared to Touring Cars and even Blancpain, but the limited DRS and extended pit window makes for some pretty interesting strategy.

I must confess I wasn't aware they were pulling out until the announced it at the circuit. It was quite surprising to hear given how strong the Mercedes looked on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
Really wanted to go to this so thanks for the comments and photos showing what I missed Cracking photos as always
The DTM cars definitely made it worth the trip. It's a very well turned out Championship and there were a couple of massive manufacturer marquees.

My only complaint of the day (other than all the fencing!) was that the support races were very limited, especially when compared to the Blancpain round earlier this year (and considering how much more expensive the tickets were).