View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post

Good effort chap, thanks for posting the photos
No worries, thought I'd show you a bit of what you missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Thanks for the update and great pictures. Will have to get over to the UK one day and see some of this.
Pretty sure the French national Championship is pretty strong, so there might be something closer to home for you: though the Welsh stages are definitely unique enough to deserve a trip of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehawkins27 View Post
Great summary of the event. What is spectating at the event like in terms of following & moving around stages for the weekend? Super keen to go follow one of the events (probably in a warmer climate), but worried it'll just be me lost on closed roads and/or queues of spectators trying to park their cars near a passing point...
Exactly as Steve said...

Quote:
I haven't done RallyGB for about 10 years now, but used to follow it around Wales for the full event every year before that.

It used to be much easier to just jump between several stages in a day. Not quite so easy these days getting in and out of stage car parks with traffic etc, so better just to pick a stage with 2 runs and watch from different locations within it.
...I have adopted the latter approach now. Pick a stage, get there a couple of hours before the first car runs through the stage, then stick with that stage for the day.

The timing worked out pretty well this year as the first car didn't run through Myherin until 10, so we got there at 8 and had a couple of hours to walk into the stage, find a good spot and eat a few pastries before the first car appeared.

Quote:
I miss rallying and do intend to get going again at some point.... especially at this time of year when i see photos/videos on facebook from friends who I used to marshal with!
Well you've got 12 months to plan for next year!