View Single Post
Old 27-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Well the British public should never of been given the choice. It's a far too complex an issue to put out to the public to vote on.
I voted to remain, but not because I had a passion to remain but because I could see that the job of leaving and re-arranging all policies and standards (allot of EU standards were actually previously British Standards) would be a massive task.
What is being discussed at present is just the tip of a huge iceberg.

As an example : All those products we make in the uk, all those materials we use in the UK and basically anything we manufacture down at the material level may contain content or chemicals governed by the REACH policy. I would place a bet that anything you are sitting on, holding or are near to contains a chemical covered by this policy. UK manufacturers that make this chemical will no longer be able to ship that item from its premises or into Europe because we will have no recognised procedure or export licence to do so. The same would apply to the next level in the manufacturing process. Something as simple as a printer cable could contain a controlled substance.
The same would happen for stuff importing. We would not have a policy to recognise EU regulations.

Has the news mentioned where our petrol, gas and oil come from ??? They keep talking about Dover but what about all the pipes and cables that import fuel and energy ?

We absolutely cannot leave without a deal. The word deal has been taken totally out of context. They may not agree with the current deal but there will have to be an agrrement.
How goods and people move in and out of the country will not just stop. There will have to be an agreement no matter what, so that's your deal.

What I don't want is another bloody election. Brexit is confusing enough and I certainly can't get my head around the justification for an election. Especially when Corbyn doesn't have a hope in hell of getting the keys to no.10