View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy1973 View Post
I just hope that when we finally leave the EU, that we start rebuilding our manufacturing presence and become a much bigger player in Europe/the world, where people will find value and worth within their jobs, meaning Britain will become great again.

If UK manufacturing grows, people’s beliefs will grow, you will hopefully see more passion in our youth and they will have more in life to aim at than what they currently have in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being in Europe helped our industry. Huge Japanese car plants were in the uk to take advantage of our manufacturing skillset and that cars built here and components imported here to support the build could all move around within europe tariff free.

I've worked on Eurofighter Typhoon for 28 years. The clue is in the name.
Do you think the UK would of won so many fundamental contracts on that state of art aircraft if we were not in Europe.
This aircraft is also due a Long Term Evolution update in the coming years. Therefore does leaving the EU impact the decision on where the contracts end up being placed.
Eurofighter, Airbus, Augusta all have a huge presence in the UK and employ 1000's of direct and indirect people in the UK.
But all have headquarters in Germany, France and Italy !!

A high % of youth also decided to remain. It's truly their future after all.