View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 10:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
AFR may get into the 10's on full boost but should not be there all the time.
How are you measuring this ?
If you have a wideband lambda probe you should see oscillation between around 13.8 and 15 at idle and light cruise due to the ECU trying to control stoich at 14.7 AFR

Above around 3000 rpm and when you start to generate positive boost this AFR should stop oscillating around stoich and go to a more fixed value around 12.5 to 13. As you increase revs and boost the AFR should drop into the 11's and finally into the 10's.

Shanes plot above shows the effect of a WOT 3rd gear pull dropping the AFR from stoich to 10.5.

If you are seeing a constant AFR at idle and cruise I would suspect your cars lambda sensor is dead (not your wideband) and the ECU is running base target AFR.
I've seen this on my own with it sat at about 12.5 during idle/cruise.

Or if you are using a wideband probe it may need a free air calibration to be performed.

Checking what you had actually told me the problem was the original oxygen sensor of the vehicle that was broken. measuring with a multimeter did not yield values, change it for a new one and the AFR values ​​returned to normal, fulfilling what you describe. thank you. I had forgotten to tell you