Thread: My new 2016 STI
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Formerly Taomyn

Nearly fully LED'd, just the front fog/DRLs which I'm struggling to get LEDs that fit the holes - I have the "correct" fittings, but the aperture into light housing is too small. The only ones I have seen that are supposedly guaranteed to fit are from a site in Australia which makes the postage a little much.

Once I got the new flasher unit installed the LED indicators slowed down to normal, but unfortunately I now suffer the reported long first flash which in itself I can deal with as I had it with my old WRX, but it means the built-in "3 flash lane change mode", now does "long", "normal", "very short", so it's simply a timing thing. I think I can live with it for now until I can find an alternative that doesn't involve any modification other than a correctly functioning flasher unit. Maybe one of the adjustable ones.

I will see about getting some video of all the lights in action, so hopefully if the rain ever stops I can get that done.

On the subject of rain, more of the "magic" shows up when I left my wipers on "intermittent" today on parking up. I went out after lunch and it wasn't raining, the wipers were not wiping, and then just as it did start to come down and I was about to switch them on myself, the car did it for me. It then proceeded to time the wipes flawlessly during my trip on the motorway, adjusting to my speed and the amount of rain coming down, even slowing/stopping going through a tunnel and when stopped at lights. Even the RainX didn't seem to phase it. My only fear is if/when all these gadgets start to go wrong, but I think Subaru have only included much that has been around a few years so I would hope some of the reliability kinks will have been ironed out.