Thread: New oil burner
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Default New oil burner

As some of you guys know, i had the unfortunate pleasure of having to take voluntary redundancy last month so i've been out of work for a few weeks. I've managed to sort a new job out now which I start in January so decided to spend a few quid to replace the diesel 406 that i've been plodding around in.

So today i went to view a Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi, and now its sitting on my drive

Very pleased with it, its in superb condition considering its 5 years old. All four wheels were professionally refurbed in August at a cost of £400 to the previous owner too. Also came with more history/receipts than i've ever seen with a car. Although i've only driven it about 50 miles so far, the torque is very nice and i can't believe what good value they are.

I'd been hunting for a Legacy (either petrol or diesel) but i just couldn't find a nice one without rediculous mileage or too high a price tag, so hopefully this is a nice compromise

Its due a service soon (haggled a discount by saying i'd take care of this rather than the dealer doing it) so i'll be getting it down to SMD to make sure its not hiding any gremlins underneath.