View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Car's back Monday or Tuesday next week. As for spec I want an engine that will pull well across the rev range and be 500BHP capable but run in the region of 450/450 for daily use. Plan is to get the engine sorted ASAP but run with the current turbo, injectors and ecutek. Then it's a case of sorting the gearbox (6 or uprated 5 speed) and then I'll probably go FMIC, larger injectors and MD321T (or similar) possibly on Syvecs to get the 450/450 goal.

Currently looking at a forged 2.5 from Williams Motorsport to the following spec:
  • EJ257 Block (used)
  • Crossdrilled Nitrided Crank (new)
  • ACL Black Race bearings
  • Forged Steel rods (Williams) with ARP bolts
  • Wossner or Mahle pistons (depending on availability)
  • High Pressure Oil Pump
  • Kinetic Head Gaskets
  • Water pump
  • Cambelt
  • ARP Head bolts (11mm)
My heads refurbished, skimmed and new valves etc. all assembled as a long block engine and delivered back to me, all I'd have to do is remove the long block then refit on return followed by a nice safe JGM map. All in £3.5K

Eureka's engine is a good option but would involve having to get the heads sorted myself and also refitting the heads to the block plus the timing belts, jobs I'm not that confident with. Also Williams will be able to get the compression ratio right with the head gaskets if they have the block and heads to re-assemble as a unit.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter

Last edited by SpecB; 03-06-2010 at 04:02 PM.