View Single Post
Old 18-08-2020, 04:03 PM

Default 2002 WRX refurb.

Hi,
I have a 2002 WRX 5 door that I have owned since new that has clocked up 143,000 miles. For the last few years it has done only a couple of thousand miles a year and has been used mainly for running my daughter's dog around, going to the tip, etc. In short it has been loved but not looked after, save for an oil change, a new exhaust and some chassis welding to help it through the MOT. It was my intention to run it until it packed up but I am now having second thoughts and am wondering whether to spend some money on it. It has a small oil leak, I think from the turbo onto the exhaust, which makes it smell and when smoke comes out of the cooler intake look fairly dramatic!, but it doesn't use any oil worth having. It needs a bit of bodywork attention, for example there is some rust around a rear wheel arch, the air-conditioning doesn't work etc. I would be prepared to chuck a bit of money at it but obviously don't want to do that if it goes pop the following day although I appreciate that I will probably be spending more than the car will end up worth. Can anyone recommend someone who knows Subarus, who would look at the car and cobble together an estimate of what it would take to put it into good but not concours condition? I live near Tunbridge Wells. I would much prefer a small, almost one man band, Subaru fan. Any help appreciated. Thanks.