View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Silver Member

Little update:

Today we are been at Neil@Slowboy Racing for swapping our Rota Grid drift for "track wheels" Drag DR31 with Toyo R888 255/45 R17 and swapping our HKS Ti-Limited backbox for HKS H-Power Silent backbox,which we are used today on the track

Must admit driving with new backbox is much quieter and we are love this backbox.Today has been noise limit just 102dB and with Ti-Limited we wouldn't/can't pass noise limit(Ti-Limited is 104-105dB),but with Hi-Power Silent we are pass without the problem just 93dB

Again thanks to Neil@Slowboy racing for swapping all bits in short notice and really great work:thumb:

Now about the track day taster,we are come there before 5pm and our taster session started at 6pm

At 6pm we are went on the track,but when we are started fuel pressure light come(0 bar,which means no fuel at all,we are filled before with 40L of V-power and 10L methanol at home),we are know can be the fuel pressure sensor,we are carried as usual and went on the track,when my brother put foot down,car backfired like we are running out the fuel or moved but very jerky/jumping ,we are know something is not right,we are aborted our taster session and went to the pit,where track marshal said,we can go on later session if we are sort this problem.

At this stage we are been not sure,what can be and my brother suggest we should go try out how car feels on the road or problems persist too on the road.We are went on the road,we are tried to pull and everything worked,boost has been OK,Fuel pressure we are get error at SCal and has been flagged as voltage error,but still car perform well

After that we are went again to pit on our next taster session,which has been awesome.Car perform on the track as we are know will be with this setup,grip with Toyo has been just amazing,wheel alignment is just perfect,totally different which we have before,car feels more planted to track and mainly no understeer or oversteer at corners,but still we are been first time on the track with right setup and we are not been fast as we are should,which I think my brother will need few lessons how to drive on the track,he still love more drag,but me,can say I love the circuits,but my heart still love Hill Climbs.

Again about the track,we are been not slow,but still my brother don't know,which gear he should go or which speed will be best,still we are learning and we are think tuition on next track day will be needed.

Again car feels mighty and really we are enjoyed today,but still not the best start to track day,but at least everything is OK

Video I will post later on,but I've made mistake and sound is just horrible

Jura