Thread: 2021 trackdays
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2021, 12:03 AM
Bronze Member

Long post warning, I needed little egging on 🙄😂

Mar2020 --> Bedford. Clearly had pitted discs again, despite refurbing old calipers and using my track brake pads (same as from last Ring trip). As it's quite easy on the brakes, still a good day. Planning to replace calipers so just using up gear and living with the early and careful braking
May2020 --> Snetterton. Pitted discs really ruin braking in Snetterton, but good trackday nonetheless.
Jun2020 --> Decided on AP Racing 330mm 6pot BBK instead of Ksport. Due to COVID my garage couldn't get brakes from AP (who they preferred to deal with) until Nov2020.
Nov2020 --> Garage asked me to wait until Jan2021 due to backlog. At this point trackday season was over and Paul at Extreme Scoobies has always been good to me so I agreed, but also paid him the 3K for the BBK upfront.
Dec2020 --> MOT failure, emissions. Knocked the cat going over first speed bump post fitting my coilovers... should've known the airleak would do me dirty.
Feb2021 --> No call in January from Paul, asked me to wait until lockdown was over. Trackday season still hadn't started so agreed, I've no idea what **** COVID might have put him\his family through.
Mar2021 --> With restrictions lifting I asked Paul to book it in or I need to go elsewhere
Apr2021 --> After battery dying due to lack of use (no MOT), finally got it to Paul...

Work to be done:
BBK, decat, new exhaust, then remap (will book via Duncan at Race Dynamics I believe).

All in all, it's been a very frustrating wait and I'm very itchy to get back behind the wheel of my own car on track again...Done a trackday and rally day since May2020, but now my simulator is just not cutting the mustard 😂

Nearly packed it in and sold it early April because an M2 Comp in the exact specs I want came up...But where I park my neighbour keeps scratching my car, and with a beaten scoob I can just about live with it...I'd also be unable to afford things to go wrong on the Comp if I bought one, so decided to sit on it for at least another year, ideally moving to a place with a drive instead of my current narrow bay (around the corner, out of sight\no ability to put cameras on). Only have one space, so already park the BRZ on a random road away from home...There is a drawback to living in city's! 😂

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk