View Single Post
Old 25-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Gold Member

Sorry folks, couldn't fit it all in the first post, so here's the rest...

Given the potential for serious impact in rallycross – as well as the sort of forces the car will endure during racing – a solid rollcage is vital. Custom Cages provided the cage for the previous rallycross car so Kevin contacted them again to provide the cage for the hatch.

Looking in the back of the car you can clearly see how much the rear suspension mounting points have been built up. The opening on the car floor on the right is for exhaust routing purposes, though the exact route and exit point for the exhaust has yet to be decided.

Peeping out of the box it recently arrived in, one new slatted WRC style rear spoiler:

I was treated to a brief glipmse of this, however the excessive amount of carbon was too much for me, so the spoiler was immediately reboxed before I became over-excited. Needless to say it should look the dogs danglies when its fitted. There is also a carbon fibre bonnet on the cards so the front end will be matching!

Finally, the car in its entirity:

Not quite ready for these yet:

But its getting there!

As with so many motorsport projects budget and time are major issues. Although the bulk of the parts have been acquired and there has already been a significant amount of work done on the new car, there is still a long way to go. The plan is to have the car running this year though and I’ve been told that I’m welcome back when the car is nearer completion, so hopefully I’ll be able to see it sitting on its own wheels soon!