Thread: Westfield
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2018, 05:17 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Westfield

Been an Itch I've wanted to scratch for years, and call it my mid life crisis car. But picked this up yesterday. Wanted a toy, and criteria was not silly expensive, will hold its value or possibly increase in value, something I can tinker with and fix and service myself, good insurance, but most of all something that is a proper toy that is fun to drive, and something that gives a sense of occasion and will only ever get driven just to go for a drive. Got me back from Andover without any drama's and what a hoot of a drive it was getting it home.

Its running a 1600CVH with Fr33 kent cam and webber 40's. Engineering is basic to say the least which is the appeal, for example toggle switch for indicators etc, even down to what can only be described as a colostomy bag to hold water for the washer jet. Probably only pushing about 130bhp, but in something about 500kg, with no driver aid's what so ever and 2 inches from the ground it's plenty enough to have fun. Some of these are running 200bhp+ which must be mental and very scary. You feel vulnerable enough in this one.

Couldn't believe the insurance at £150 a year with wife named on policy, and that's without using my no claims.

Anyway thought I'd share, might not be everyone's cupa'T' but nice to finally have something I can have fun driving after a fairly long break from anything fun.