View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:44 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

At the cost of great expense, trial and troubles. I learnt my lesson in the persuit for power years ago. Its nice to have, but in truth anything with around 210bhp/ton in a well sorted chassis is plenty and more than you can use on UK roads, and even on a track in the right hands will give most things a run for its money. Something with enough power V's bonkers power from my experience is more fun on UK roads as you get to really drive the car rather than point and squirt it.

My personal experience with the idea of lots of power but built for reliability is also flawed. Big power and reliability do not come together IMO. I had a ST205 built by Fensport running 400bhp and the block cracked and killed the engine, and there are plenty of other big build cars out threre that have had fresh rebuilds in relatively short time scales. Even my former STI8 400+ built by engine tuner, gave them concerns when the buyer told them he wanted it as a dedicated hard core track car.

But at the end of the day the persuit for power is undeniably a challenge, fun and a hobby, and if its all done with disposable cash that you would sooner not plow into holidays, family time, or other things then fair play and why not.