View Single Post
Old 22-12-2020, 08:28 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

It's dead! Had a 'new' JDM engine fitted by Hallie (Legacy Guru) and it's got exactly the same symptoms (but worse) than mine had so looks like the replacement also had a blown HG.
My engine was bubbling in the coolant tank and would push coolant out until it ran hot (never in the red) when pushed hard or towing, rarely on short 'normal' drives the replacement will push coolant out after 10 mins or so when up to temp. give the heater matrix and radiator flow cleanly and appear to have no restrictions then the only culprit can be the engine as the air is getting in somewhere!

Engine was supplied by Nippon Autospares (Derby) and I'm waiting on the outcome of the warranty claim, however i'm outside the 3 months as I couldn't get it fitted in time and they are claiming that my Radiator must have caused my HG to go and has now done the same to the new one. I'm probably putting some Impreza compatible bits up for sale shortly, namely rear brembo conversion parts and STI front discs/pads if there's any desire?...
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter