View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
That was a bit special and very very nice. Suprised you bailed out as it would have been a proper garage queen and complimented the Leon nicely. Love scoobs but only ever give the nicest examples a glancing look, but would be proper rubber knecking if I saw that S1 on the road.

But bet that S1 didnt come cheap...
Price wasn't too bad considering condition/work done. I had seen similar priced ones that were clean but not so well prepared as this one.

The one big thing that turned me away was that none of it would of been my own work. So whenever in discussion about it I would always be referring to the spec sheets that I had no say in and to what previous owners had done.......and for me that's just so against the grain. With the Scoob I know every nut'n'bolt and modification.

The thought of wind up windows, no power steering and then recalling the memories of CV joint, CV gaiter, Wheel bearing, Alternator, Start motor issues/chores with all my previous Fords was also off-putting.

You forget how reliable newer cars are, and 'fingers crossed' most of the things I have done to the Scoob have been done through preference rather then necessity.
I can't say the same for all my previous Fords 'but I still loved em'.