Thread: Project Ute
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2016, 10:58 PM
Gold Member

Well 99% of the install is done now, still got a couple of things to tidy up but they can be done at a later date

First off i've got to say i'm over the moon with the sound quality of this install, even with compressed mp3 files it really did blow me away the first time i played a tune, i eventually went for a Pioneer single din headunit which is a older unit but was built for sound quality, it also has plenty of inputs (2 usb, 2 auxiliary's, 1 SD card slot, CD player and RDS tuner)

Apart from sound deadening the floor & rear bulkhead i also put sound deadening on every trim piece i removed which i think made a difference as when everything was put back together i had no little rattles or squeaks which can happen or it could of bean the great Holden build quality (maybe not lol)

There are a couple of things i'm not 100% happy with though, the amp install doesn't look very tidy to me and i'm already thinking ways of changing it although it can't be seen as it's behind the drivers seat but i know it's there so will be changed at some stage, also the single din trim panel isn't a 100% match for the rest of the dash but that seems normal as the double din panel also doesn't match