Thread: Old Timers GP.
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Default Old Timers GP.

Went to the Nurbergring over the weekend for the Old Timers GP.

Awesome weekend, travelled down on Thursday in my brother-in-law's red E-Type, with another of his friends in theirs and a left-hand drive 5.0 ltr V8 MGB.

Have to say so many people waved, thumbs up and tooting on the way in all 4 countries made it even more special with all the effort that had gone into getting it ready, we even had the passenger in a Mclaren filming us as I filmed them ��

Stayed in Grafenwald, which was about 25 minutes from the ring. Drove past Frank's on the way to Brunchen, visited Cochem driving past Jackie's. Went up the castle at Cochem whilst there, Adeneu for dinner etc.
Stopped at Mons for lunch on the way back, picked a random empty bar/ restaurant as most are closed on a Monday to be told they only have steak. What a surprise when the waiter brought our steaks out on hot stones Pistenklause style, superb!

The racing was a mixture of very old F1 cars to more recent, touring cars, GT Le Mans type and many more over 3 days.

Paddock access, was particularly special as you were up close to all the manufacture's. There were the usual trade stands and for the first time in all my trips the actual ring shop complex was fully open.

Porsche, Alfa, and Ferrari had club stands with many others in the outside carparks.

We visited the ring late Sunday afternoon, track closed when we arrived at Adeneu, decided to drive to Brunchen after about 30 minutes passing 2 flatbed breakdown lorries, one had a very badly smashed bike on it and the other only half a VW polo with the backend completely smashed in �� After seeing this Mark and the others declined to risk their cars. However I think the track MGR could be on a trailer next year for a ring trip?

I've posted a few pictures, apologies for the quality but highly recommend this event.IMG_20190813_175555464_HDR.jpgIMG_20190810_183720420_HDR.jpgIMG_20190812_135717364_HDR.jpgIMG_20190811_175022004.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bolesroor; 14-08-2019 at 10:04 PM.