Thread: Project Ute
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
what does it sound like now?
Glad you asked, spent today putting the door trims back on and wiring up the speakers via the passive crossovers, got to say it does sound very smooth which is what i wanted, the top end is smooth with no harshness coming from the tweeters, good strong midrange and was quite surprised at the amount of bass coming from the small 6.5" woofers, it still needs a subwoofer as i do like my bass so that & the amp will be the next stage but not sure when as it means gutting the interior

One annoying thing though is i have a very slight rattle coming from the passenger side door which i can't work out exactly where from yet so the trim may have to come off again, in theory nothing should rattle after putting all that sound deadening in it but there you go

Also fitted a dashcam, I've used a Mobius action cam which records in full 1080p and can be configured to work as a dashcam so it only records when the ignition is on, it doesn't have a screen or gps but that doesn't bother me, and at only around £55 it's a bit of a bargain

Crossovers fitted behind the kick panels using double sided number plate tape

Mobius camera fixed using a GoPro mount so can be swapped out for a GoPro at any time