View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Default FMIC/OC fitting - The stealth look!

Fixed the "oil cooler a little warm on track" issue and enlarged the cold air intake to match on the other side..

Got hold of a second hand set of fog covers (so I can obviously still have the stealth standard look when wanted!) I already had a second drivers side cover with a toe eye hole pre-drilled, but missed the passenger fog cover.. (Many thanks BigE!)

I spent most evenings this week occupying the shed and using the oven in the kitchen baking paint! much to Wanda's amusement.

This was the idea.. fit as big a duct as possible in the cover without making it look REALLY crap!

So sand down with 400 grit and then 600 and prime! bake/prime/bake rub down some more/dry prime/bake!

Once the Primer was done it was on with the metallic, no rubbing down here other than 1 coat before the end.. Looks pants without lacquer!

I didn't use a mask 1 night, and my shed is pretty small, the night was painful as was the next day.. so did my best Bane impression the next night..

Once they have had 5 or 6 coats of metallic and some lacquer they look a lot better.. just a quick flatten with some 2500grit and a quick compound and polish!

Not a bad colour match!

The finished article. with custom gauze glued in place.

The other side was a lot easier, I simply cut the hole pealed the remaining stickers of and mounted the duct..

The end result on the car doesn't look to bad I think.. It should hopefully be very effective, The ID of the ducts is 89mm!

Just to reiterate, I still have original covers and am able to swap between the two!

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 04-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.