View Single Post
Old 15-08-2018, 12:20 AM
Bronze Member

Right, well I'm sure you know what one of these is !?

That is right; it's one of two turbos off my GTR that are seemingly going to waste.... Until now. Well not right now in a few months .... So yeah something I didn't mention is that I will be boosting the little beast once i have accumulated all the bits.... so far after raiding the shed, spares boxes and down the back of the sofa I currently have:

Walbro in tank 255ltr pump
4x400cc Siemens injectors
Sytek FPR
Sytek in line billet filter
Old Impreza front mount (which will get chopped, hacked, shortened and remade)
All the 321 stainless for the header

Which leaves a few bits:
AEM FIC piggy back
Ally pipe work for I/C
38mm external gate
throttle response do-berry that plugs into the drive by wire

The car already has a stage 1 Exedy in it from a few years which covers that base. Leaving mostly just the brakes.... These will be changed to 4 POT Willwood Items before the mythical turbo kit is added to the car. They are pretty cheap and pretty good. As I will have t make brackets for the Willwood calipers to fit I may use MX5 discs as they are 4x100 like the swift and larger diameter. The offset is irrelevant because I'm making new brackets for them as i just said so that shold lead to a fairly cheap brake kit!

Wheels will be getting changed to a set of 17x8 and 17x9 Advan super Racing SA3-R wheels. Mine need a huge refurb and polish so pics of that will follow at some stage!!! I'm thinking 235/40 and 255/40 for the rubber and likely Rainsport 3s.... Just as a refresh here is a pic of the wheel type pulled from the Google place.... When I do mine and make them all shiney new I will colour code the spokes and polish the lips....

Here is a pic of the MonsterSport car which was the only side on picture of a blue swift i could find.... And with the power of a 30 second stint in Photoshop here is what I'm going for on the wheels...

I have bought a couple of other bits.... V-Maxx coilovers; mostly because they are one of the few units that are in the budget I'm allowing that don't drop the car an instant 40mm just from putting the coilovers on with them at their highest ! So these are 25mm-65mm which is a better starting point.... I have also bought a pair of front bumper add ons and a GPR version of the MonsterSport rear spoiler...

the wing

"And now I play the waiting game"....

Last edited by seventune; 15-08-2018 at 12:26 AM.