View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Regular User

Default New member in Kent

Hello all.

Although I have owned two UK turbo’s since 2008 and have been a member of Scoobynet since then, I thought it was time I would join a more local forum.

I live in Ashford Kent, I had a Green 1998 classic which I bought from my friend, who owned it from new, been well looked after and driven carefully. I bought it from him when he bought a new shape STi in 2008. Unfortunately I wrote it off in 2010 after hitting a tree! (Not happy).

Took a while to find a standard replacement that had not been mess about with. I did eventually buy a Blue MY99 from a garage in Whitstable. Higher mileage but beggars can't be choosers; I use the car most days, she has now clocked up over 140 thousand miles still going strong.

I kept the Green original car as part of the insurance settlement, so I have been using that to replace any parts that have given trouble on the Blue one.

I currently have the engine and gearbox out of the green one. It is nearly ready to fit into the blue one.

I am only swapping them because I know the history of the green one and it has done about 35000 miles less.

Will have a complete turbo engine to sell at the end of all this swapping, I will advertise it and sell it before I remove it so that the person buying it can hear it running.

I have just finished repairing and painting rear wheel arch on MY99 Classic, not helped by the weather. Just need to wait for the lacquer to harden to give it a finishing polish, when hopefully the shine will re-appear.

Cheers
TheStib