Thread: Tapatalk
View Single Post
Old 29-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Bronze Member

Default Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I've noticed a few times that Tapatalk is monitoring the forum using my account, which is fine except it stuffs up my 'New Posts' view when i use the forum on the PC (as they're not new because the phone has seen them!). Any way to stop this in the app other than logging out of the forum in Tapatalk after using it?
This is most likely to do with how you track users on vB, rather than anything to do with Tapa functionality. I suspect you use the cookie method yes, rather than the database method. . ? Thus, when you view posts on a computer (rather than phone) there is a cookie on the computer that is updated to reflect what posts you have viewed. Obviously when you view on the phone this cookie is not updated, so when you go back to your computer you see a lot of the same stuff again. I had this issue with Subaruforester.org too which is how I know.

Actually, SES seems to use a time-based system for deciding what is a 'new post' - you only see what is new over the last 2hours (say) rather than EVERYTHING that is new since you last viewed. For example, when I go on holiday and not check Surreyscoobies for a week I come back to 200 threads that show as new, as all of these threads have been posted on since I've been away. On SES, if 200 threads had been updated I would only see say 10, as only 10 had seen posts in the last couple of hours.
Also when you view new post, it does not disappear from the New Post list, but remains in a non-bold font....presumably until the 2 hours (if that's what it is) are up.

Last edited by NorthDownsScooby; 29-08-2013 at 12:58 PM.