Thread: Tapatalk
View Single Post
Old 29-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby View Post
Actually, SES seems to use a time-based system for deciding what is a 'new post' - you only see what is new over the last 2hours (say) rather than EVERYTHING that is new since you last viewed. For example, when I go on holiday and not check Surreyscoobies for a week I come back to 200 threads that show as new, as all of these threads have been posted on since I've been away. On SES, if 200 threads had been updated I would only see say 10, as only 10 had seen posts in the last couple of hours.
This isn't right, and is not the behaviour I experience - when I leave SES for a few days, I return to pages and pages of 'New Posts'. The list contains every thread that has been updated since I last visited the forum (and always has done - up to the configured limit of 10 days). Without looking into it further, I'm not sure what you're doing if you only get a restricted list of threads based on a time limit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby View Post
CONCLUSION
cookie based user tracking suspected as per post #40.
I've checked our vB settings and user tracking is currently set to 'Inactivity/Cookie Based". However, I use SES on several systems (work & home) and the New Posts is always correct, whatever system I use. I typically use work systems during the day (as I am now ) and then home PC in the evening. My home PC will only show New Posts since when i last visited at work, as it should....