Thread: Sticky rubber
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
I didn't like the 215/45 on the classic, preferred the 215/40, personal opinion was you could really notice the side wall flex, 215/45 is new age wrx size
You wont get the same sort of flex on a track focused tyre as you would with a road one at those profiles, if you get the chance to try and bend the side wall on an off the rim 888 or ad08 etc then compare to a road tyre there is massive difference in flex, full racing slicks can run at ridiculously low pressures due to how stupidly stiff the sidewalls are for example.

Personally I think Scotty (in keeping with my previous statement in PM), if your going to buy 2 sets of tyres then have a cross over dry/wet road set and a full blown track set, and also.. .don't take the tyre reviews on review sites as gospel as the numbers /results are made up largely by people running cars that are totally different weights to yours talk to people at trackdays that run a similar weight vehicle to your own, and also decide if optimal grip/lap-time or longevity are more important, base your decision around that..

ps.. for my 2c, I wouldn't fit rainsports if you like going really fast in the dry without changing wheels, as they will not be comparable with the likes of a set of PS4's or eagles in the dry, also if your at a wet trackday and it dries, the ps4/supersport/eagles will still stand up to some punishment as a dry line appears, before you want to switch to semi slicks, where as the rainsports will suffer quite badly., having said all that there is no disputing they are a great wet weather tyre.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.