View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Rest in peace Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I'm not that familiar with the Autronics.
But on the SM4 Version of the software I have here there is a Charge Temp Estimate Map that runs from 99 DegC at Idle down to 30DegC at 7000rpm which makes snese as at ilde you are sucking in engine heat whearas at 7000rpm the airflow is good and hence cooler.

does it do it all the time, as the help on this table seems to indicate that this table adjusts the fuelling dependant on charge temp and coolant temp i.e for the initial cold running period.
when the car is up to temperature the charge temp should have no effect on fuelling.

Maybe your values are wrong and hence the warning
Or
The warning is indicating that Charge Temp is having an effect on the fuel adjustments.

the logger also has minimum and maximum warning paramtersfor wach item you log.
Check what these are set to, the default appears to be 0 Min, 100Max for Charge Temp.
the charge temp estimate table is the temperature you believe the charge will be when it enters the cylinder.. it is higher at idle because the gas speed is slower so the charge will be heated by inlet manifold, cylinder heads, etc..

The warning is because the charge temp sensor is exceeding 65C and is probably mounted in the intercooler pipework just before the throttle body and near the hot turbo below it.
the name of the charge temp and charge temp sensor are misleading as they refer to charge in different areas of the engine.

Simon