View Single Post
Old 22-12-2016, 04:59 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Just to be devils advocate.

Love the Saph and had at least 3 in my day and If I knew what they would fetch now would have loved to have kept them......... But only to now flog them about now and cash in and put a potfull of dosh in the bank and put some of the money into a well sorted modern fast car and still leave money in the bank..

Basically classic cossies, superb cars and if your looking at it from an investment perspective then keep the cossie and get a something like a 335d to compliment it... But your only on this planet once and modern fast cars are in a different league now, and offer something very different that can still offer thrills, but also keep you alive if you crash it, be far more reliable, something that you can drive everyday, and if your are one for status it will give you more cudos to the masses rather than a select few that would appreciate what an old cossie is worth.

Also any GOOD fast modern car will become a classic of sorts over time, look at the bi Turbo RS4's for example now worth more than the V8 RS4 which are also now demanding strong money. GOOD subaru classics, WR1, RB320, Type R's now also demanding good money. The new RS will still be a classic and well may be the last of the RS's which will ultimately and possibly demand the strongest RS premium yet in 50 years time...

Just my 2 pennies worth...