View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

The Ae800 and Ae801 were the earlier ECU fitted to MY99 and Ae802 was in the MY00.

There was a long article many years ago on the ECUTEK website where the original 'cracker' of the ECU done some trials on the Ae800, Ae801 and Ae802.
It was found that the earlier ECU were slightly better and smoother but the Ae802 ran richer.

As a result of this richer running the Ae802 was the preferred ECU to use if you were increasing the boost via mechanical means i.e bleed valve/boost controller etc.

All ran the same target boost setting which IIRC were around 0.9bar / 13.64psi

The Prodrive ECU ran around 1.1 bar, but more aggressive timing/fuelling. So it was not wise to increase boost beyond that via mechanical means.
The Prodrive ECU are generally marked as such unless the internal boards have been swapped around.

In the early ECUTEK days (back in the early 2000's) there was what is known as a TEK2 ECU. This was ECUTEK flashed with a revised map that ran about 1.2bar midrange dropping to 0.9 bar towards the redline.

From what you have stated above it may be that you Ae802 is an ECUTEK TEK2.

I have ROM images for several of these on my laptop, so I will check tonight. I know for sure I have a TEK2 (mine before the VF28 went on) and a TEK3 (mine after the VF28 went on). Both of these were programmed by ECUTEK and I know that the changes they made between TEK2 and TEK3 were minimal considering what they charged. Hence Why I now map my own Apexi PFC.

I'll post up some more info later.

What are you using to interpret the hex data ?

With regard to getting your ECU/ECU's mapped. This is not a problem. Many tuners use ECUTEK tools. Unfortunately 'Opensource' Tools for MY99/00 ECU are not generally available, this again is why I run an Apexi-PFC