View Single Post
Old 20-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Gold Member

Default DTM R6 – Brands Hatch

So I said I wouldn’t be giving Brands any more of my money after seeing what they had done to the GP loop earlier in the year, but I couldn’t resist the lure of the DTM cars.

Took some photos from the few sections of track that aren’t blocked by high fencing now:

I remember the DTM cars being quick, but I forgot just how fast. The Blancpain GT3 cars were posting lap times in the region of 1:23 earlier in the year, the DTM cars cracked 1:17!

Jamie Green led the race for some time, but a slow pit stop coupled with a penalty dropped him right down the field. Shame, as there was potential for three British drivers on the podium.

Championship leader Gary Paffett qualified on pole and went on to finish second. He now has a 29 point Championship lead with four rounds to go, so it looks likely he will take the title in Mercedes final season in DTM.

The all black BMW of Bruno Spengler was my favourite looking car on the track, though Spengler spent most of the race at the back of the field.

The DTM cars were loud wherever you stood, but it was verging on painful if you got side on to them!

Overall victory went to Paul di Resta. After taking an early pit stop, Di Resta climbed up the order as everyone else headed to the pits, making it a British 1-2.

I am still cursing Brands for what they have done with the fencing but, that aside, the DTM cars were exactly as I remember: very fast and stupidly loud!

Few more picture here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57700065208344

If anyone is interested!