View Single Post
Old 26-03-2016, 09:04 PM

my worry is the guy is basically logging, sucking the map off, email it to someone who knows what they are sort of doing, second guessing what it needs, then guy is uploading map and logging and then if not running vaguely right, having a second go.

I could upload and download maps and log with 30 mins of internet time to get the knowledge, this is how i learnt and have mapped several cars.

I am now moving on to learning to map subarus, something which takes a lot more time as Scott says. Many a Scooby goes in for mapping only to find existing problems, especially with boost controller and pipes air leaks etc.

I am sure the guys can put a map on, but i wouldn't want to pay too much as you really are getting a poor quality map in my opinion. These guys are probably good for mapping diesels and other cars, but Scoobies, Mitsubishis etc really do need some experienced knowledge to get them right.

We are as a community trying to look out for you, i am not sure what they are charging so obviously this needs to be factored in. Unfortunately the mapping industry is full of sharks and people trying to make a quick buck, i have seen one of my passat tdi maps been sold as a professional map, which i am far from. its only when someone asked me to look at their map i realised it was mine! god only knows how they got hold of it.

anyway, let us know how you get on, if you need any more advice feel free to ask, we are a friendly bunch, honest.
2003 Blobeye WRX SL Wagon