View Single Post
Old 24-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Regular User

Default 05 black blobeye ppp

I don't feel like this is a project, just little mods to make it my own - so i thought i'd stick this thread in here

Got the car March this year.

2005 black blobeye with the Prodrive performance pack.

Day I got it

After a good clean

Mud & dust

Blackened headlights, no splitter at this point - I had to remove it for the mud

Recently fitted a gauge pod, only got a clock in it at the moment, boost gauge in the post.

This may not be the best way, but it worked for me...

This is where I took the power from for the gauges, it's the plug for the clock -

Top to bottom:

12v
Earth
Lights on
Ignition on

Soldered additional wire on the end of the Prosport plug, firstly to add strength and secondly to make sure the scotch locks got a good contact. Shrink wrap to keep tidy and protect -

In theory, you should be able to connect one of the cables to the lights cable on the clock plug, but it wouldn't work for me. So I used the cig lighter instead. Green wire is the one I needed.

After I had connected the rest of the wires to the plug using scotch locks, I covered in corresponding tape so it's easier to identify which is which in the future.

You can also see in the background where I extended the cables for the alarm LED - my LED is broken though, so I need a new one.

This is it so far, just a clock haha

Ignition on, lights off

Ignition on, lights on

Next gauge is a boost gauge, not sure what to use as the third yet so I ordered a 52mm blank.

Plans -

Tint the windows
Different wheels, in black
STI dial cluster
Refit a splitter
Impreza car mats
New mud guards
STI bonnet scoop & intercooler
Fit Hella horns

Thanks!
Foz