View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: BOUGHT ANOTHER SCOOBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
Black STI in tommo for the start of my engine swop's. Quite nervous as it will still need to be mapped and time is short. I'm sure other hurdles will be put in my way like bit's ive forgot to order. Or other bit's trying to fall off.
Have just looked through the map we pulled out of the 2.5 this evening and it's not worth re-using in the silver one.
The map that is already in the silver one needs changing to suite the 3-port, fuelling for removal of sportcat, The timing isn't that far off a 2.5 map at similar engine load scales anyway, which is more luck then judgement, but gives us a goo dbase to work with.

I could pull a few more degree's out before we go out, but it is so close that I'd rather do it on the road with detacan and listen to whether I need to take any out of not, but it is currently within a few degree's.
Fuel map in the Black ECU was crude with block changes to AFR levels on what was otherwise a standard 2.0 STi map. It should not of been running at these AFR as too lean. All I can think is that it was mapped to these levels but was actually runing a fair bit richer to achieve ideal AFR due to lack of MAF re-scaling.

Anyway, always interesting to see someone elses map, but also makes me think I'm far to anal and need not be so precise.