View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Took the scoob out today... well reversed it out the garage.
Only to check the condition of the tyres, to be sure my purchase of the Altec's was not wasted .

Refitted the rear bench, after my friendly MOT'er spotted it was loose.
Turned out that the guy that bought the car from me had fitted an uprated fuel pump but obviously had no clue how the back seat was held in. He managed to snap the hooks off the bulkhead where the rear backrest clips in....muppet. Had to do a bit of bulkhead bending and cutting to get it to hook back on, but not 100% happy wth result.
Will see how it goes, but I might have to rivet a bracket on or self tap some new hooks of some sort on there.

I keep finding the odd little niggle that the guy managed to do, I'm just glad I got the car back before he really fooked it.

I know there only little things but he didn't have it long. I think all these were done by the guy that initially bought it from me who had it for 5 months, then sold it to Nick who I got it back from :

Dry glue on the centre console
Dry glue on the top of dash where he tried to re-fit the corner pod. Thankfully it's under the pod.
Dash scratched through vinyl by corner pod
Carpet clip missing that retains the drivers floor mat. Mats were replaced but for some reason decided to rip the clip out of the carpet (has anyone got one ??)
All 4 wheels scuffed
Rear bumper replaced including number plate bullb holders, brackets and screws with what looks like new. Checking under it during the MOT nothing else is damaged and the rest of the rear end is still original.

Hopefully I won't find too much more.

What I have been able to confirm though is that the Apexi ECU map is still the mine as it matches the last map I put on in my laptop.
Despite it spending time at Clive Atthowe for a remapping and RR session.
Apparently it's been remapped to run on normal unleaded !!!! No doubt he was charged for the privilege.