Thread: Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Default Upgrade

I have an 03 specC, purchased it new from Iian Litchfield. No major mods, H&S jap style exhaust, induction kit, with cold air box, walbro pump, fettled exhaust manifold (welding, grinding and aligning), ported wastegate, all mapping carried out by Bob Rawle, runs nicely, just wanted a bit more power without any loss of bottom end grunt.
1st plan was to go 2.5, in 2005 (i think ) I purchased a 257 short block, before I had got round to spending anything on rods, pistons, etc i started hearing horror stories about the liners which meant, to maintain reasonable reliability the 257 was limited to 450ish of each, as I thought that the gain verses outlay would be rather poor, i sold the short motor.
I then started hearing about the EZ30 (Perrin etc) I realised that the liners were just as bad as the 2.5, but there are 6 of them , a plan was starting to form
This arrived in Oct 2009

Its a 2007 legacy motor from japan (crash test car)
I purchased pistons, valves etc from SMG who also did the blockwork.
For mainly family related reasons, between then and now, I have had very little time to spend on the engine, over this time I have done some work on the heads, and oiling. The std exhaust ports are horrible, this is the best (straight) one

The intakes are better

Will post some images of modified ports later
I ordered to rods (carrillos) from SMG a week or so ago, so things are now starting to move along