View Single Post
Old 14-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Silver Member

Default Still having trouble with my sti !!

I'm really regretting getting rid of my version 5 sti to get this bug eye sti I had the version 5 for 2 years and never had a single problem with it I've had the bug eye less than a week and already I've had a misfiring problem in all gears which was cured by fitting new plugs then I had the bolts in the Break caliper sheer resulting in the caliper coming off while driving and locking the wheel up had to fit a new caliper as it was beyond repair now I think I've got a problem with my actuator or a over boosting problem in 5th and 6th it sounds as if the dump valve is fluttering and is holding back slightly if u depress the pedal slowly it doesn't do it it only does it when u plant your foot to the floor and only in 5th and 6th.am I right in thinking the boost levels are higher in the higher gears it's boosting at 16-17 psi in the lower gears but in 5th and 6th it can go over 20 psi this is when the problem occurs has any one got ant idea what could cause this ? Any other time I would just put the car in to get it fixed but after buying a caliper plugs and coil packs and £170 for a cow boy mechanic to look at the car and then after 2 days say they can't find anything wrong with it funds are running a bit low any help would be appreciated