View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Little bit of bad news, the car seemed to be running fine, the engine was wining though a little bit but i am hoping that this is just because the piston rings need to bed in (can someone confirm this) There was no blue smoke at the back and the car idle'd beautifually... My mate noticed that there was a big puddle underneath the car of oil, i have not had a look at it since as i was to upset and felt like crying so i left it alone over the weekend, but i think i know what the issue is. On the top of the block at the front there are inspection points, well atleast that is what they look like, on each half of the block, they are allen key bolts and are about the size of a 50 pence piece. I took them off them to replace the copper washers and when i tightend one of them i managed to over tighten it and it snapped off the block. I tried to mend it myself with some chemical metal which i don't think has done the job, i know for a fact that everything else is tight and sealed as i took my sweet time putting it all back together. Just seeing if i can get a call out welder to see if they can repair it..... I really do hope that it can be fixed as the car seemed to be fine...