View Single Post
Old 22-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Silver Member

After getting the car mapped a little while ago i had a issue where the engine was burning a lot of oil from the home made build...... So another engine was purchased. I found out why the car was burning oil, it was the CHEAP!!! (flee bay) valve stem oil seals.... It is my fault for being tight....

Any way i drove to west Yorkshire to pick up my lovely new lump. It is a Forged P1 engine, with wisco forged piston's, Eagle conrods, arp head studs, acl race bearings, 440cc injectors, and for £50 a full manifold wrapped, 6 paddel clutch with lightend flywheel and STI4 heads.

I took my old engine out on a Monday and buy Tuesday it was back in and running, but i had a really bad waterleak and it got all into where the clutch was, so the clutch worked for a little bit then started to slip... (to be fair i hated the clutch any way as it is a daily used car) So then i had to find the water leak... JOY... It took some time to find the leak and ended up taking the Inlet manifold off to only find that it was a loose sensor !!!

Now all i had to do is drop the gearbox and changed back to the standard clutch.... That took we about 2 days also but was a struggle.... I HATE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SUBARU GEARBOX's.......

Well after that i took the car to Simon as the car nearly passed its MOT on emissions when i have no cats at all, so a trip to see Simon was needed.

Got on the rollers and Simon done a blinding Job as usual and the car made 318bhp 330... So i am pleased. Still more to come...