View Single Post
Old 20-01-2019, 09:24 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. I think I may be having some diff issues, been researching ways to diagnose it while the car was at a main dealer getting the passenger airbag replaced. Subaru recall. Anyway, I had some belts and pulleys and tensioner replaced while there and asked them to see if they could work out the noise coming from the car. They were unsure and without me spending two hours of main dealer labour charges for them to have a more detailed look (!) I left with the knowledge they “think” it might be the center diff.
Is there any quick way I can figure myself if it’s the rear or center diff (or anything else) before parting with more of me dosh just to potentially diagnose the problem?
I hear some clunking occasionally at low speeds and when I pull away with some enthusiasm the front wheels seem to spin up and lose grip in first and second gear.
I recently had the clutch replaced too. Any pointers or advice would be great or if any of you have experienced this issue before and could perhaps draw on your experience of what the problem was. Sorry for the long message lol. Cars only done 60k it’s a 2006 5 speed wrx. Standard apart from the uprated clutch I had put in when the factory one failed.