View Single Post
Old 13-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Quick update. I thought I would leak test the FMIC prior to getting a new turbo fitted and sort out any remaining niggles with the system so as not to cause any undue problems when mapping.

So off to the local plumbing supplies shop and £1.95 for a 2" waste pipe end. (with rubber sealed cap!) I drilled a hole in it and mounted a nice super light weight aluminium tyre valve in it!.. (hey our pressure test kit needs to be light weight!! :P)

I used a tyre pump to apply pressure to the system once I had capped the other end off with an old paint can, some tape and a couple of jubilee clips. I then sprayed over the pipe joins with a fairy liquid and water solution.
Much to my annoyance there where tiny leaks at nearly every pipe junction! Indicated by big bubbles forming all over the place, despite the hose claps being tight enough to bend the bolts holding the claps!! I have since replaced the hole lot with Jubilee clips (took 3 hours to do this without removing the Bumper! and hey presto more pressure and no more leaks!!) Annoyed at HDI a little I am!
clamps anyone?

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.