View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Bronze Member

OK, the trip was madness. Most camera related activities got sidelined because the downtime was spent fixing one of the M3s or eating. (There's a couple of snaps up on my Instagram @rebelpropaganda but I've given most of them to the tour organiser for promotional use).

But some notes/observations:

- That part of Germany really is stunning eh? If it wasn't for the complete 4G blackspot where we were staying, I'd have stayed forever!
- We had a rushed attempt at getting some drone footage on a deserted z-bend out in the sticks. It looks OK but I wish I could re-do it. I'll post a link when the footage surfaces.
- I never ever thought I'd be able to drive on mainland Europe cos the backwards roundabouts and wrong side of the road were too confusing for my left handed brain. But I was driving a UK transit van around after a couple of days!!
- The racing simulators in the pub opposite the main Nurburgring entrance are brutal. Did 3 x laps in a Cayman GT4 and was terrible. Even the guys who drive the Ring regularly struggled. I think those simulators are there to bruise egos and keep taking your money.
- Got many passenger laps in a E36 M3 and a supercharged E46 M3 at the Ring. Not bad for the €20 price for a passenger wristband!! The E36 did a 8.08 bridge to gantry (but not when my fat ass was in it).
- Spa is also brilliant. As well as more M3 rides I also got a passenger ride in a Mclaren 600LT cos its owner was also from Cardiff so we immediately became best mates . Also some football guy called Lee Dixon was in the next stall to us with his Caterham.

I realise I'm posting this in the photography section when it's hardly about photos.