View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Project "Stealthy" 400bhp / 500bhp (or something in between)

I want my car back
Picked my car up from Zen yesterday after they had it for a month, it took a bit longer then expected as fitting a older type engine into a newage does bring up a few issues, also i had some other work done to it including fitting a PPG 5 speed helical gearset and a Helix uprated organic clutch so it's ready for the bigger turbo now

How does it drive
It drives very well, it has a slightly lumpy tickover but thats not a major problem, it still has my VF34 turbo on it at the moment and it's producing 346bhp & 345ft lbs, it's getting max boost of 1.65bar at around 3300rpm in 5th and the power seems a lot more progressive in it's delivery, on my old engine i would get a big kick from the turbo until around 6200rpm and then the power would just drop off but with this setup i still get a (not so big) kick but the power just continues until the redline of 7500rpm, looking at the dyno printout i have at the redline it's still producing 330bhp

Houston we have a problem
Unfortunately there are a couple of problems at the moment which hopefully Zen will be able to sort out
1st one is when your braking and dip the clutch the engine just wants to stall, it's doesn't stall all the time but the revs do get very low but if you dip the clutch without braking the revs will drop below normal tickover but build up straight away?
2nd is the engine light is on, Zen did fix this when i picked the car up but when i stopped for fuel and started the engine again it came back on
3rd is the cooling fans are turning on/off every few seconds

I'm sure these are just teething problems and Zen will be able to fix ASAP, can't wait to get hold of Eurekas turbo now and see what it goes like with that on